Pete C wrote:

The going rate for a cheap saw like the Challenge is around =A325-30,
though for =A340 you can get an entry level Skil. The Skil only has a
40mm depth of cut, though being smaller is less unwieldy.

I'd like to hear what sort of circular saw people have, what they

have
used it for and what it's good/not good at.

cheers,
Pete.

People may baulk at this after all the unrealistic comments so far, but
to get real, I've yet to find anything wrong with the challenge ones.
Sure the blades wont give you a perfect edged cut, but they do the job
without problem.

And soleplate flimsy? hardly.

Of course they could be better, but theyre surprisingly good for the
money, and I'd recommend them if you want a low cost circ saw.

NT