Mark

John typed:

I have a hall, stairs and landing to paint. The ceilings are 9 foot
high so the highest point of the landing ceiling is 16 feet from the
stair tread directly below it, if you see what I mean. Due to a
bannister rail and spindles I cannot get a ladder across the stairs
from the landing area. I am thinking of using ladders and a plank or
two to reach this part. Will a scaffold plank supprt my weight (14
stone) over a 7 foot span and also where can I get a plank from
without resorting to nicking one from a building site ;^)? I live in
Leeds.

Available from most good builders merchants for £20 ish, alternatively
length of 8x2 x3Mt is about £8.

--
Mark§