Mike W.

Thanks for the tip. Luckily there are only a couple of spots on it that
show... and I pulled out the 'Oh... thats just the figure of the wood'
statement and dodged like crazy. She's onto me, but she's too happy with it
to gripe methinks.

Mike W.

"Jim Wheeler" wrote in message
.net...

Mike W. wrote:

4. There has to be a better way to tell if you're done sanding. I
haven't learned the way yet, as you'll see by the, um, 'figure' on the
left door which wasnt recognizable until I stained it. Good thing SWMBO
thinks it 'Tiger Oak Plywood' since one of my new tools was a ROS
specifically for this purpose.

7. Glue covered Oak doesn't stain the same color as non-glue covered Oak.

I usually use denatured alcohol to clean the items before i start to
finish them - both cleans and when the alcohol is still wet, shows pretty
well
what the final piece looks like - will often show up glue and other
imperfections that need cleaned up before applying finish. And, no, stale
beer doesn't work like denatured alcohol.