Tim

Besides the PM54A ($800) with the 66", there are a few other long bed
options.

Grizzly makes a 6" with a 60" bed. Unfortunately, it is $950 (it does
have a spiral carbide insert blade, but I would rather get normal
blades and save the money for something else). It does have solid
infeed/outfeed tables (no extensions).

General makes two 6" with 55" beds (using extensions) for $530.

Sunhill also makes a 6" with a 52" bed (using extensions) for $500-600.

My feeling is the solid bed without the extensions is the way to go,
but the two choices available are too much money, so that pretty much
brings me back to 8" jointers for the same price or cheaper.