Daniel A. Mitchell

Rex B wrote:

Daniel A. Mitchell wrote:

Sounds about right. The 12" should work with either the AXA or BXA
series. I suggested the BXA size on the theory that the largest that
will fit will give the best performance.

The other consideration might be that you have a bigger hunk of steel
between you and the work. Might be access/visibility issues on some
jobs. I guess that's when you dig that lantern post outa the back of
the drawer.

There's actually not a lot of difference between the AXA and BXA sizes.
Every little bit of added rigidity is useful, however, so use the
largest size that will fit your late. The limiting factor is center
height, as we've been discussing. And, yes, there are times when the old
lantern post is still useful. I also find a bunch of the European style
block toolposts useful for larger sized and odd tool bits.

Dan Mitchell

Dan Mitchell