Not so much a good memory, as using Google to look for threads on
drilling PCB's. I do try to read all of your on topic posts and some
of the OT ones as well. Always interesting.

I will have to figure out some way to capture the swarf. I don't want
something as noisy as a shop vacuum running but will have to rig
something.

This is just for prototypes. If I get something that I want to make
very many I will farm it out.

Dan
jim rozen wrote:

Good memory. I had run that thing at the university of arizona
at tucson, in 1978. I honestly cannot remember if it was a
commercial unit, or was home-made by the shop's boss. He was
that kind of guy so it may have been home-made.

It was pretty filthy work, I think there was a vacuum rigged up to
pull the swarf out of the working area. If I were doing that today
I would vent it outside, G-10 is not the best stuff to be working
with.

These days board houses are numerous, good, and inexpensive - if
you are doing even a few, you might consider just shipping them a
gerber file.

Jim

please reply to: