Robert Swinney

Doubt it. WR Smith lives in TN.

Bob Swinney
"william_b_noble" wrote in message
news:1110521944.73b820d9786da8b1f0fc76df89c11c9a@t eranews...
is this the Smith that had a watch supply shop in the jewlery district of
downtown LA - If yes, I bought some parts from him a long time a go -
quite
a character
"Charles A. Sherwood" wrote in message
In the mid 90's Home Shop Machinist ran a
series of construction articles by Mr. Smith, detailing small lathe
accessories.

Mr. Smith sells reprints of his construction articles, condensed into
a nice booklet. In fact at least one series was never completely
published
but his books are complete. Mr Smith even answers email!

One of the accessories was "A Quick Release T - Rest for the
Sherline Lathe". I built one of those. It is a top-notch piece of
equipment!

I want one, but have not found the time to make it. I would buy it
but sherline simplifed it a little to make it easier to manufacture
and I'm not willing to compromise.

chuck