Andy Hall

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:02:35 -0000, "Doctor Evil"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:38:10 +0000, Chris Bacon

ok. This can be said in one sentence. Normally no replacement parts
or repair are available for budget tools.

They're cheap. They will do the job. If they blow up before their
guarantee is up, get a refund or replacement. If they don't blow up,
they may well be OK for a long while. **** This is uk.d-i-y, not
uk.i.come.over.my.expensive.tools!**** This really does need to be born
in mind. Deriding someone who buys an adequate £30 tool for a little bit
of DIY where a £300 one is available is ridiculous.

No. Once again you are making the assumption that DIY is limited and
cheap.

It may be from your perspective. It is not from that of others who
may have a broader view of what it includes....

His point is that your view is the only given prominence. There was a whole
thread about your views, attitude and your hyenas.

I think you'll find that overall this provides a balanced view to the
notion that DIY is a thing of limited scale to be done on the cheap.

I am sure that some people do see it that way, and I have no issue
with that notion.

I do have an issue with the assumption that everybody should have a
limited view.

It isn't a matter of which has prominence, since both are valid and
indeed there is a whole spectrum in between.

Have you been visiting the zoo?

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl