T i m

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:04:02 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

T i m wrote:

I installed Netmeter on 2 of the 3 PC's here last night but this
morning it thinks the total traffic to date is 9M? I downloaded 3 x
10M files last night?

Is that the cumulative total on 2 PCs, ie can you just add up the
figures recorded on 2 PCs sharing a connection?

You should be able to just add them all together at the end of the
month. And if it has to include the LAN traffic then at least you will
be underestimating the figures.

If you were able to fit a second network card to all the PC and create
two 'networks' (one LAN and the other connected to the WAN) and have
Netmeter monitor the WAN port? I suppose router with decent stats
would be cheaper (any suggestions anyone?)

All the best ..

T i m