Derelict

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
I worked on the production line for an $80,000 (US) telemetry
receiver (RCB2000)and there were still a lot of adjustments to be

made
even though it had a dual DSP front end, massive FIR filtering,
digital signal combining and 12 microprocessors. I had a set of
ceramic alignment tools that cost a couple hundred dollars issued by
the test department. The replacement tips were around $45 and would
shatter if dropped to the floor the wrong way.

Classic government contracting stuff, eh?

Is Microdyne still around?

NASA sites still use some Microdyne receivers and a lot of Harris
Multifunction receivers (MFR) for telemetry.