Charlie Self wrote:
Nate Perkins notes:

(Doug Miller) wrote in
. com:

In article .com,
"Charlie Self" wrote:
Ayup. But a lot of the neocons refuse to let go of the WMD excuse.

Yeah, and a lot of the neolibs keep harping on that, falsely

claiming

that it was "the" reason we went to war.

Of course it was the reason we went to war. You think all the

speeches
the
administration gave about "mushroom clouds" were just window

dressing?

If recognizing reality makes me a "neolib," then I'll take the label.

I won't. Nothing "neo" about me being a liberal. And I'm proud of it.
I'd hate to be in Bush's corner when judgment day comes. But the

false
reasons we went to war aren't mine or any other liberal's. They're
Bush's.

I will give Rooster Bush credit in one area, though. He is great at
making reality seem like a hinderance to him doing great things. He

and
his buddies managed to make a combat vet look like a coward...yet he

is
essentially a draft dodger! He has created, with lots of help, the

same
sort of twisting presentation on Iraq changing horses in mid-stream

and
dropping WMDs and immediate threats as justification while picking up
an absolute fact---Saddam Hussein was a nasty and brutal dictator, so
we're justified in spending billions of bucks and thousands of lives.

But his lock-step followers go to paragraph 42 at the start to pick

up
a hint of what is later the lead reason given.