Patriarch

Mark and Kim Smith wrote in
:

snip

That's why I mentioned a worn tape measure. Being a fella who can't
always throw things away when their life is used up, one of my old
tapes is missing a rivet and the other rivet allows for about a 1/8"
movement from being almost out! Plus, that remaining rivet will catch
the tape 1/4" off the mark! I try to grab the new 30 footer when I
can, but it is nice to have multi tapes everywhere, within reach most
all of the time.

Sounds like it's good enough for fence work, or laying out the garden, or
such.

Rather like keeping the old Craftsman chisels around, for when you don't
want to screw up the 'good' ones.

Patriarch