brianlanning

It was a particularly cold day and I had on several layers of thick
clothing. And still, the pain and resulting bruise were extensive. I

can
only imagine what would have happened if I was working in a t shirt.

Been there. It was the defining moment that made me get a contractor's
saw to replace the bench top delta. I was cutting laminate flooring on
th bench top saw. The board was about 12 inches long and maybe 6
inches wide. It caught me just below the ribs on the right side, then
somehow shot up and hit me in the face with the flat side. Getting hit
in the face was an odd experience. The laminate was light, but there
was enough force that it felt like someone was pushing it into my face.
No facial injuries though. Where it hit me in the gut, I still have a
1.5" scar. It didn't really bruise so much as cut. I was bleeding a
little, but no blood on the shirt oddly enough. I'm sort of surprised
it scarred.

brian