Bob G.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 01:43:16 GMT, "Mike W."
wrote:

OK... so it was for SWMBO, but it was still a 'pay for play' (no, not that
kind of play) type of job. As part of a deal we made, I could buy some new
tools to start a decent amateur woodworking shop in the basement. Her
payout was my first few projects have to be stuff she wants for the house.
Suits me... I just wanted to build stuff.

Just curious .....
I have only made ONE "Commisioned" project in my entire life and to
be honest it came out beautiful...and I may have made a few bucks...

I have been asked 100's of times to build something for a friend or a
friend of a friend etc...BUT I will never do it again...

What do the majority of you guys or gals do when asked.....?

I honestly did NOT enjoy the "work"...and I do classify it as work...
because I never enjoyed "work"...and I was doing something for someone
else...

When I walk into my garage I like having the freedom to do MY thing...
MY WAY etc....just found that building (it was a desk) for someone
else made me feel like I was punching a clock

Bob Griffiths