Alun Saunders

Arch wrote:

I'm not advocating rough unfinished ugly bottoms. I do wonder tho, if
neatly exposed or corrected holding methods can be just as honest and
acceptable as compulsively decorated nether parts. Many successful
painters, silversmiths, potters, and furniture makers seem to think so.
Just a small dissenting voice that will neither be heard or agreed with.

Au contraire, Arch, mon brave! I agree with you on this one ... the vast
majority of folks haven't a clue as to how we hold things on lathes, or
even what a lathe is for that matter, so I've no problem leaving a
nicely sanded and finished recess on my bowls, and neither, apparently,
do any of the folks who have bought my stuff.

--
Alun Saunders