Roger Shoaf

Stop!

Perhaps you should consider your options. If each wheel has 5 lug holes and
you bugger one up how much has this exercise in frugality cost you? Or
worse, consider if you have wheels that are buggered and you get into a
wreck?

Take the stinking wheels to a machine shop and let them drill out your
holes.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

"MinorMania" wrote in message
Hi All

I need to enlarge the mounting holes in a set of cast aluminium wheels

from
5/8 to 17.5mm. I have a new reduced shank drill that I am using in an air
drill (hand held) as I don't want to demount the tyres.

I'm finding the drill is grabbing quite badly in the soft aluminium. I

found
in a search that you can 'stone' the drill to stop this happening, or at
least make it better. I'm curious about which part of the drill should get
this treatment though. The cutting lips, or ???

Thanks, Trev.