Tud

Harry wrote......
To be blunt, I really didn't see anything in your photographs that
would lend itself to broaching. Perhaps you can explain.

Do you understand what broaching is, and some of the applications where
it is typically employed?

Not entirely, I'm green when it comes to metal work. I was thinking that
broaching would be the process of pushing a tool through the part of the
shifter that would fit over the splines of the shifter spindle in order to
cut the corresponding splines. I could very well be mistaken.

Were I you, I'd stick close to someone with a milling machine.

Thanks, I've been given some areas to research that may be an alternative to
broaching that I'll follow up on.

Tony