Old tools turn up for silly prices sometimes, and sometimes are a real
bargain, even though their usefulness is generally more limited.

Another reason for a few words on old tools is that many readers will
have kit from way back when and will want to know what the new stuff
does that the old doesnt. Eg maybe someone has a drill but is having a
problem drilling the concrete walls, they'll want to know what
difference in features they will need to look for in a new drill - and
possibly, as I hinted, what tricks they can use to get the old one to
do it. After all, we did drill everything in the days before hammer
drills.

NT