Michael Chare

"AlexW" wrote in message
I need to move my Sky satellite dish to make way for a new conservatory.

I was wondering if realigning them following a move is difficult?

No, you do need line of sight to the satellite.

Ideally, you also need to use a satellite receiver which shows signal quality
you then just align the dish for maximum quality.
The receiver must be set to look for an active transponder on the satellite
28.2E

If you have a spirit level with an adjustable buble, place it vertically across
the front of the dish and use it to record the elevation prior to the move. You
can then use the spirit level to set the elevation in the new position. Any way
you can record the azimuth would also help. Do not twist the dish or the LNB.
You should use satellite quality coax.

If the dish is pointing the wrong way you just won't get a picture. (well maybe
the wrong satellite). Just keep trying until it works!

See www.satcure.co.uk also news:alt.satellite.tv.europe

Remember that the STB stuffs about 20v down the Coax to drive the LNB. This is
enough to give you an electric shock. You may also find that the cable screening
and plug are also live when your TV and STB are switched on. Something you might
notice if you are outside in damp conditions but would be unaware of indoors.

--

Michael Chare