Lee Michaels

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 01:43:16 GMT, "Mike W."
wrote:

3. A clean shop is a lot easier to work in than a messy shop... not sure
learned this one or just observed it and let it pass.

What is this clean shop you speak of??

6. One stupid, and never to be forgotten, mistake later... A 12" x 1/2" x
1/2" piece of wood being shot out of a blade guard at ??? MPH and drilling
you in the gut hurts like a sonofagun. I credit this lesson to ripping
20+
pieces of pine for the shelf cleats and getting a little lazy towards the
end and letting one of the trimmed edge pieces remain on the table,
seemingly behind the blade. Somehow that little sucker made its way back
and shot outta there like a bullet. It left a temporary nasty welt on my
belly and a permanent mark in my brain. Thank the Lord I had the blade
guard on... can't imagine that thing hittin me in the face like that.

I did that once, just once.

I learned my lesson. It hit me just under the rib cage a couple inches right
of center. The bruise took almost a month to go away. It hurts just to
remember it.

It was a particularly cold day and I had on several layers of thick
clothing. And still, the pain and resulting bruise were extensive. I can
only imagine what would have happened if I was working in a t shirt.

9. A 3 year old with 9 Care Bear Stuffed animals has a hard time
understanding that this cabinet is for mommy's stuff and not her Care
Bears.

Try this.

The family cats taking up residence in anything that you build. And getting
very offended if you evict them from their new digs.