mac davis

On 11 Mar 2005 04:32:03 EST, Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

snip

1. Trust the tape measure/ruler more than any plan... especially any plan I
created.

snip

I try to stick with one measuring device per project. Usually my
favorite is the 60" straight edge. Especially compared to a worn tape
measure with an end that will vary between a "pull" measure and a "Push"
measure ( loose rivets.)

now that you mention that, I realized that I have an OLD habit that my dad
taught me years ago..

I always start at the 1" mark of the tape and subtract an inch from my total...
I don't think he ever explained the loose rivet thing to me, but it makes
sense... seems like he just said that the 1" mark was a line across the tape
that was square, or something like that.. (maybe 50 years ago)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing