gandalf

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message
snip

1. Trust the tape measure/ruler more than any plan... especially any plan
I created.

snip

I try to stick with one measuring device per project. Usually my favorite
is the 60" straight edge. Especially compared to a worn tape measure with
an end that will vary between a "pull" measure and a "Push" measure (
loose rivets.)

I'm sure that wear and tear will get them in the end. But the 'loose' rivets
are loose for good reason. They ensure that a measured 'push' or 'pull' is
the same as the movement equals exactly the thickness of the end tab.