Phisherman

All this talk about petroleum constituents! I majored in college
chemistry so I have some idea. All these products are a complicated
mix of various alkanes in various lengths. Petroleum is separated in
a distillation by various fractions by using temperature. The higher
the temperature, the thicker the liquid and the higher the boiling
point. First, gas is removed, then ether, naphtha, gasoline,
kerosene, gas oil (diesel fuel), lubricating oil, then petroleum
solids. Crude oil is used to make many products.

I keep a small amount of kerosene, rubbing alcohol, WD-40, lithium
grease, paraffin, and household oil in the shop, but NOT gasoline!