tony sayer

In article , Lobster davidlobster
writes
T i m wrote:

I installed Netmeter on 2 of the 3 PC's here last night but this
morning it thinks the total traffic to date is 9M? I downloaded 3 x
10M files last night?

Is that the cumulative total on 2 PCs, ie can you just add up the
figures recorded on 2 PCs sharing a connection?

As an NTL 750K'er I'm affected by this speed/capping thing too, so I
think I need to install this Netmeter to evaluate my family's usage.
But can anyone tell me where to download a kosher version of the correct
software? I hate looking for 'named' software via search engines at the
best of times - you never know what nasties you might end up with - but
in particular, there is clearly more than one program out there named
'Netmeter'.

David

One of their service people told me a while ago that they have "some"
uses who are running servers etc on a 24/7 basis and are taking up more
than what the great majority of their customers do, hence the capping.

However I think this is the way its going to go in the industry witness
the use as much as you can, and capped services at different prices now
appearing in the market.

For me 3 GB a month is probably more than what I actually use and as
that amounts to a 100 MB a day thats quite a bit, and I don't think most
users are going to clock up that amount every day. Still if they are ntl
cater for them too, as do others, it'll just cost them more.

It seems at last that ntl are waking up to the fact that the market is
becoming more competitive and that a lot more people have access to the
BT line to carry ADSL than what have access to cable networks!....
--
Tony Sayer