doozer

John wrote:
I have a hall, stairs and landing to paint. The ceilings are 9 foot high so
the highest point of the landing ceiling is 16 feet from the stair tread
directly below it, if you see what I mean. Due to a bannister rail and
spindles I cannot get a ladder across the stairs from the landing area. I
am thinking of using ladders and a plank or two to reach this part. Will a
scaffold plank supprt my weight (14 stone) over a 7 foot span and also where
can I get a plank from without resorting to nicking one from a building site
;^)? I live in Leeds.

Cheers

John

I am sure that the regulars will all laugh at me for this but I have
recently painted the landing ceiling. I didn't have a ladder tall enough
to reach and I would have needed boards to do some parts any way. Rather
than go through all that messing about I zip tied a paint brush to an
aluminium pole and painted it that way. You can't tell that I did it
like that and the cutting in is perfect. If I ever had to do it again
that is how I would do it. The only thing I would recommend with this
approach is that you put the lighter coat (probably the ceiling) on first.