Jim Wheeler

Mike W. wrote:

4. There has to be a better way to tell if you're done sanding. I haven't
learned the way yet, as you'll see by the, um, 'figure' on the left door
which wasnt recognizable until I stained it. Good thing SWMBO thinks it
'Tiger Oak Plywood' since one of my new tools was a ROS specifically for
this purpose.

7. Glue covered Oak doesn't stain the same color as non-glue covered Oak.

I usually use denatured alcohol to clean the items before i start to
finish them - both cleans and when the alcohol is still wet, shows
pretty well
what the final piece looks like - will often show up glue and other
imperfections that need cleaned up before applying finish. And, no, stale
beer doesn't work like denatured alcohol.