Lee Gordon

IIRC the Chrysler turbine cars burned gasoline. But it's been a long
time since I've been around one.

They did burn gasoline but they also burned a wide variety of other fuels.
There was a family in my town that had one and I remember that was one of
the big selling points. Here's a paragraph from what I believe is
Chrysler's press literature about the car:

"The present performance and economy of the Turbine are comparable to a
conventional car with a standard V-8 engine. The engine will operate
satisfactorily on diesel fuel, kerosene, unleaded gasoline, JP-4 (jet fuel),
and mixtures thereof. And, even more interesting, it is possible to change
from one of these fuels to another without any changes or adjustments to the
engine. The users of the cars also will appreciate the many other advantages
of the turbine engine."

It really sucks that they destroyed the cars at the end of the project.

Lee