raden

In message , Mary
Fisher writes
No - I was just guessing. But as I said, footage of him as a much younger
man showed him invariably with a fag on. Before it became non PC to smoke
on TV.

Look Mary, that was the sort of direct answer I was expecting

er - I didn't say what's above your comment!

Did I say you did ?

read what I typed above, then you'll understand why I replied in that
way

There are many contributory factors to various types of cancers.

I know.

What's more, there are many different types of cancers even within the main
types. That's one reason - only one - for there not being simple solutions
as well as not being able to define definite causes for any one.

You're destroying your argument here

I had a good friend who died a couple of years ago of throat cancer,
normally associated with smoking - he was very anti smoking and had never
had never smoked.

So ... don't jump to conclusions

I have cancer. I don't jump to any conclusions about cancer. And I'm not
looking for sympathy :-)

Then I shall be flippant ...

Not prostate cancer I presume

--