Grimly Curmudgeon

Default Idle thoughts re generators

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
drugs began to take hold. I remember "IMM" saying
something like:

You can use old fryer oil to run a diesel engine for next to nothing as

the
burger chains give it away and are glad to see you take it it off their
hands, and the burn is super clear compared to fossil diesel fuel. Here

is
how you do it.

********,

Do you mean that is not how you do it? I would advise you to contact the
people on that web site and tell them the right way. Who do they think they
are telling us that way, when you know another way.

Oh; it's on the Interwebby thing, it must be true, then.

There are plenty of folk running around in fairly modern vehicles,
thinking they're saving a few quid by putting ****e old chipoil in the
fuel tank without doing anything else.

Otoh, there are some who have taken the time and trouble to fit a proper
fuel system that will deliver heated and filtered veg oil and are
careful about changeovers. These ones, funnily enough, tend to have
****eOldVolkswagens, so don't stand to lose a great deal financially if
it all goes pop.

What ones do you think are at greater risk of fuel pump / injector
failure?
--

Dave