mac davis

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:54:00 +0000, Alun Saunders
wrote:

Just wondering the other day whether anyone here had any experience with
combining woodturning together with either glass or ceramics? I'm
thinking along the lines of, say, wine goblets with a wooden stem and
base and a hand blown glass bowl, or flat burls with inlaid shallow
glass or ceramic bowls.

So ... anyone done anything like this at all? I know a few ceramic
artists around here who may be interested, and I'm sure I could find a
glass-blower somewhere.

I've done a few projects with a lady that has a ceramics kiln..
simple ones like round platters that she routs a square or hex depression in for
tiles..

we've talked about 2 projects in the future, liners for goblets, (which seems
strange to me) and candle sticks/holders with ceramic bases and turned
spindles..

I'm sure that if we ever get started, there will be many possibilities.. *g*

hmm... turned boxes with ceramic or ceramic and wood lids??

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing