Colbyt

wrote in message
oups.com...
i have a small workshop and can't afford a good shop vac system. i get
tired of buying expensive shop vac bags - i sweep up the larger wood
matarial the old fashioned way. i was wondering if there is any harm in
using the shop vac without the bag and just dumping it as it fills.

I feel like I am feeding a Troll but just in case you are for real.

The only bag you need on a shop vac is the filter bag to keep the fine
particles from being blown back into the air. This is attached with a band
and covers the motor. A better system uses a pleated filter.

Frankly I have never seen any other bag used on a shop vac. I infer from
your message that yours uses some kind of liner that collects the sweepings.

Or is it just that that little bag fills up so fast?

Colbyt