Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
i have a small workshop and can't afford a good shop vac system. i get
tired of buying expensive shop vac bags - i sweep up the larger wood
matarial the old fashioned way. i was wondering if there is any harm in
using the shop vac without the bag and just dumping it as it fills.

I've never used a bag. I did buy one of the paper filters for about $20 and
it catches the fine stuff the old filter would miss.

Depending on the type of shop and tools you have. look into a good dust
collector. If you get one, the 100 cfm is about the best for a small shop,
the portables are just not powerful enough, IMO.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/