Andrew Barss

Paul Gilbert wrote:
: I am about to get pushed out the door at the office and want to get my shop
: in first class shape before retirement. The old contractors table saw is
: going to be replaced and I have always longed for a Powermatic 66.
: Today I stumbled into a deal on the Jet 708663MBK for $1,320. That's about
: 1K less than the Powermatic 66. I am having a hard time justifying that
: extra as I sit looking at my old Sears jointer. That could be replaced with
: a long bed version for around 1K.
: Any advice on the Jet table saw?

It's a great saw. Powerful, accurate, etc. Glass-smooth cuts, easy to
adjust, and great service if you need it.

If it's a choice between this saw and a good jointer, or a Powermatic an
no new jointer, I'd strongly advise the first.

-- Andy Barss