LRod

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:24:35 GMT, Scrub wrote:

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:18:26 -0500, "Alexander Galkin"
wrote:

I am going to build kitchen cabinets and plan to install undercabinet and
inside cabinet lighting.

fluorescent = dim
halogen = bright but VERY hot
you'll melt chocolate if it's on the lower cabinet shelf
xenon = a bit more expensive but good light and low heat.

I find halogen too harsh, and I don't care for the flickering of the
fluorescents as they come on so I went with a xenon unit I discovered
at my local lighting store, and I couldn't be happier.

They're not cheap but it was a one shot part of our "kitchen-for-life"
package so we went with it. I'm thrilled. It's a much softer light
than halogen.

http://siteinfusion.brandmatrix.com/...uct_oid=142842

That URL scares me so if it doesn't work, go to http://www.kichler.com
and look for cabinet lighting. The units are available in 2, 3, 4, and
maybe even 5 bulb units, and are daisy-chainable. I had prewired for
lights with wall switches and the worked perfectly.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net