Alun Saunders

brock b. wrote:
I have a friend here in Texas that blows glass and we have talked about
combining art forms. I however just strarted turning about 2 months ago
and can't quite make the stem look right. One might be too thin and the
next just looks silly. When we finally get togther and make something,
i willpost it here.

I've made a few sets of goblets, and although they aren't all identical,
they're as close as I can make them. Getting the diameter of the stem
itself right isn't too dofficult, and I've made some cardboard templates
for the base and cup to get those parts as close as possible.

One part that I'm worried about is how large to make the cup that the
bowl of the glass will sit in ... too large and it won't look right, too
small and there won't be enough surface to fasten it to. Also I wonder
about what kind of glue to use.

I look forward to seeing your efforts, and I promise not to plagiarise
them

--
Alun Saunders