BJT

I've had both the fluorescent and the halogen undercabinet lights. As you
might imagine, they both have advantages and disadvantages. The
fluorescents are cheaper to run, and probably cheaper to buy (of course, you
can probably find expensive versions of anything, if you want.) The
halogens cost a little more to operate, but have the advantage of being
usable with dimmer switches. You can get both types at the Depot & Lowes
and your local hardware store. My personal preference is for the halogens,
as I prefer their "color" which is warmer than fluorescents (more towards
the red part of the spectrum than the blue).

Bruce

"Alexander Galkin" wrote in message
I am going to build kitchen cabinets and plan to install undercabinet and
inside cabinet lighting. Can someone advise me about the options? What's
advantage of using low voltage over 120V lighting? If low voltage is a
choice when a transformer is placed? Is transformer quite enough? What type
of bulbs are the best? What's the usual spacing between bulbs? And finally
where can I buy good quality undercabinet lighting hardware?