T i m

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:22:25 GMT, Mike Harrison
wrote:

What worries me is that they want you to agree to new T&Cs now, but are not yet saying what happens
if you hit the cap.

And indeed, another of my concerns Mike ..

I have no problem with reduced speed, but they _could_ impose
surcharges as the
only option.

True. However I don't think they would want customers voting with
their feet and they might just have to be a bit careful not to come
across heavy handed with this one.

I have no issues with the concept of the cap and whilst I enjoy the
product as advertised ("No restrictions surfing 24/7" sort of thing) I
am happy to continue to use them.

A while back I thought I might upgrade from 150 to 300 k .. when I
asked they said I'd have to go onto direct debit (we didn't want to)
so we didn't bother? A couple of months later I was automatically
upgraded to 300k and even got the upgrade 'free' for 3 months and no
talk of direct debit? (Bless them) ;-)

Maybe we need to run Netmeter (mentioned on this thread) on all 3 PC's
here (plus the Laptop now and again) and actually measure our typical
useage .. (if you can measure it you can fix it sort of thing ..) but
would have to configure it not to measure the local traffic (if that's
possible) or we'll have UT games appearing in the sums ;-(

All the best ..

T i m