Mike Harrison

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:58:55 -0000, "David Hearn" wrote:

tony sayer wrote:
Well sort of D-I-Y.. if you phone 'em up you can have your speed
upgraded for the same money. I've just had mine done from 750 to 2 Meg
and it rocks)

U can do it online, but you need to know your ntl username and
password...

Beware the caps though!

People on their 300k service (which has a notional 1GB per day cap) will
have to phone up to upgrade (to 1Mbps) because they need to accept changes
to their T&C's as you will now have only 3GB a month (approx 100MB a day).
People on their other services will be upgraded automatically (including
replacing Pace STB's which cannot handle 1Mbps) - these people will also
have a 1GB per day cap which is what you've had for a while (although not
enforced). If you're in a hurry, you can phone to get it done sooner.

Whilst previously the caps have been suggested - this time they're going to
enforce them (although only implemented later in the year). Apparently when
you exceed your cap you'll probably be dropped to around 56k or charged for
the extra usage. It also appears that they include uploads in your
allocation - not just downloads.

What worries me is that they want you to agree to new T&Cs now, but are not yet saying what happens
if you hit the cap. I have no problem with reduced speed, but they _could_ impose surcharges as the
only option.