Holly, in France

tony sayer wrote:
In article , Holly, in France
writes
tony sayer wrote:
In article , Capitol
capitol@spamfre e.freeserve.co.uk writes

Range etc can sometimes be helped by adding passive yagi
array reflectors/radiators in gaps between rooms or the receive
aerial performance can be improved.

Are you certain that your phone/s use the 2.4 Ghz band AFAIR these
were around 1.9 ish Ghz?.....

Specs of mine are as follows. I'm copying anything relevant looking,
translating from French as nec, don't know what it all means....

GAP (Generic Access Profile)
Frequencies 1880 - 1900 MHz
120 channels duplex
Modulation GFSK
32kbit/s
Power of (signal?) emission 10mW average by channel
range 300m open 50m in building
rest of it not relevant.

Ours has the problem when I am certain that none of the suggested
sources of possible interference are present. Only fridge and freezer
are on all the time, other stuff is left plugged in and on standby.
No mobile phone signals here atm, we are in a valley, hoping for
improvement later in the year when new mast is due. Whatever causes
the phone problem, I think it must be either a variable
component/fault in the phone or something to do with the weather
conditions?? Either that or something secret and military that we
don't know about, but I'm not that paranoid :-) My mum is good in
cases like this, she can diagnose the problem immediately "it's just
one of those things". I think she might be right! It isn't much of
a problem here, but since it was mentioned I thought it worth
looking into it. Any more thoughts anyone?

It appears that you have a normal DECT phone. I very much doubt that
weather has anything to do with it at all. Might be something duff or
intermittent in the phone otherwise one of those things!.

I haven't been following this thread that close. I presume you have
tried another phone and or moved it elsewhere to see if the problem
persists?...

Have two phones, have swapped them over, no difference. I think it is a
variation in signal quality rather than the handsets, since sometimes
they need to be nearer to the base station than at other times in order
to work.

--
Holly, in France.
Holiday home in the Dordogne,