Lurch

Default Generator standby wiring question (again)

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 17:26:20 +0100 (BST), in uk.d-i-y "Dave Liquorice"
strung together this:

So pretty much a 'check what you're doing as different installations
will require different solutions' sort of answer.

Personally I'd get the type of supply changed such that the suppliers
earth can remain connected or fit a 3P switch. Having to to a manual
disconnect/connect the earth is just asking for it to be left in the
wrong state at some point.

Are you suggesting fitting a switch to the earth? I do hope not, it's
a serious contravention of BS7671. What if the switch was to go faulty
on the earth pole alone?

Assuming that the gennys earth terminal also bonds to one of the
generators phases.

I seem to think that most are.

"think"! I'd make damn sure it was, no assumptions or "thinking".

Quite, hence the first line of my reply.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.