Read: http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html

to quote:

"Available scientific evidence shows that at concentrations that do
not exceed public health standards, ozone has little potential to
remove indoor air contaminants.",

"There is evidence to show that at concentrations that do not exceed
public health standards, ozone is not effective at removing many
odor-causing chemicals."

"if used at concentrations that do not exceed public health standards,
ozone applied to indoor air does not effectively remove viruses,
bacteria, mold, or other biological pollutants."

'nuf said.....

Rob Mills wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

We only have to bathe once a year.

ALL RIGHT! )

Reason I'm asking is I picked up two Living Air XL 15's at an estate

sale.
Both have adjustable ozone outputs (measured in sq ft, 0 - 3000) and
adjustable fan speeds. I've been tinkering with one in my computer

room (10
X 11) and find that if keep the output at about 100 sq ft the air

seems
pretty good but if I crank it up much more the odor will drive you

plumb out
of the house. Is the odor when over driven normal? Is it dangerous? I

have
heard that they can cause lung problems but wonder if this is just a

problem
when the are set for too high an output. I think the sales pitch for

these
units CLAIM they work on mold, cat dander and etc.

Turtle mentions that so far no one has mastered controlling these

critters.
One of these units (the one that looks almost new) has an Automatic

setting
and appears to have an air sensor set behind the fan. Wonder if maybe

they
are getting there?

Thanks HeyBub and Turtle for your input, Rob Mills