Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

wrote:
Cleaning lady may have hit something cause it will not ignite.
I re-lite the pilot but it still does not ignite (supposed to go on
after about 30 seconds) And there is a fairly strong gas odor.
Anything I can do or just call gas company (who may want to charge to
fix it)?

TIA

LB

Hi,

Make, model#, approx age?

I re-lite the pilot but it still does not ignite (supposed to go on
after about 30 seconds)

Pilot getting bigger when you set the oven temp? Pilot flame
surrounding the thermocouple?

And there is a fairly strong gas odor

Might be best to shut off the gas then until this is corrected.

or just call gas company (who may want to charge to
fix it)?

Nobody works for nothing!

Something here may help...
http://www.applianceaid.com/gas.html#gas-help

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Thank You! I was hoping you would reply.

The oven is a Caloric Ultra-Ray from 1969 or so.

The link has given me enough info to look around a little.

Again, Thanks!

LB

Well I found the thermocouple and it was out of position.
A little fiddling and now the oven lites quicker than it ever did!

THANK YOU!

LB