Mary Fisher

"chris French" wrote in message

One reason is that the oven is at chest height so it is safe and easy to
get
stuff in and out, and easier to look through the glass door to see what is
going on.
I have never liked bending down to an oven under a hob.

Yep, that is the main reason I prefer separate ovens

But you have to have space in your kitchen ... :-(

I've never felt that a low oven is unsafe though, why should it be? I
wouldn't be keen on taking out a very hot casserole at head or chest height.
I agree about seeing into the oven but we don't really *need* to do that,
surely?

Mary