tony sayer

In article , Andy
writes

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 22:17:41 +0000, tony sayer
wrote:

In article , Andy
writes

"tony sayer" wrote in message

Well sort of D-I-Y.. if you phone 'em up you can have your speed
upgraded for the same money. I've just had mine done from 750 to 2 Meg
and it rocks)

U can do it online, but you need to know your ntl username and
password...
--
Tony Sayer

I upgraded mine online last night, mucho speed now!

And mucho 'cap' (download limits) also?

Ok, not a problem if you just want yer emails pronto but a 1G bps you
would be surprised how quickly you can reach yer cap / day / month?

My daughter spends much of her evening / weekend on her webcam with
her mates / boyfriend, downloading music lyrics / music / tab for her
bass guitar and browsing eBay for things for me to buy her ;-(. I'm
often downloading drivers / patches / utils and a few hundred emails a
day (mostly spam tho) but some with large attachments (joke mpgs etc
from mates) and the missus get's emails with family photos etc.

So at 300K bps it *might* take 3 times longer (than 1G) .. that's
assuming we get the 1G over the entire Inet path though .. ?

No such thing as a free lunch etc?

1Gigabyte / day download "cap" on the 2Meg option. That's a lot of
capacity for the majority of internet users.

Quite.. and really I reckon thats fine for me, I doubt most days I'd
even come near that and others perhaps, so all in all about right.
Not a bad deal otherwise and If that isn't good enough you can upgrade
but personally I'd prefer a fast link with a cap, and isn't 2 Meg fast
enough for anyone?, and the rest of the net?.

We'll have to wait and see how and what ntl are going to do about it if
peeps go overtime, but its getting a competitive market now and ntl only
have cable TV to offer and Sky generally give better deals and customer
service, and as to residential phones I think their days are numbered,
so BB is all they have left to offer....
--
Tony Sayer