DanG

Sorry, Ed, the holes are for the drive lugs. They are not
anywhere near long enough to knock out slugs, though I suppose the
correct punch could be used to do so after the hole saw is removed
from the mandrel. Failure to use the drive lugs will cause the
hole saw to jamb onto the mandrel tenaciously.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Ed" wrote in message

"W. Watson" wrote

That end has the teeth.
The top has a hole for the bit, and two small holes to either
side. I have a suspicion that the two small holes are for a
tool to help unloosen the nut holding the bit.

The two holes are for pushing out the piece removed from
whatever you were cutting.

In the past, I'm sure I used a wrench on the nut and held the
cutting tool with a pliers. Not so easy this time.

Easy or not, mine works just this way.