Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:
In article ,
Owain wrote:

Fred Dibnah's traction engine (on TV earlier this evening, series
continues) had a tap for hot water. (And at a top speed of 12 mph, it
wouldn't be too taxing for the OP to run behind it.)

One would think that 100 years later the internal combustion engine
manufacturers would catch up with the idea of a cuppa on the move.

They're called service stations.:-)

Now Fred simply used fire hydrants. But he mentioned the problems
encountered when steam traffic was common.
We'll have to wait for later to discover what he does about fuel for the
journey. He mentioned getting some coal, but I can't imagine it being
possible to carry what's needed for the journey.

They generally towed a trailer of fuel and another shed on wheels as a
sort-of caravan/toolstore. I have some photos somewhere, taken at
Forncett Steam Museum (S. Norfolk), of a steam loco with just such an
arrangement, which called there on its way to some rally in Yorkshire.

Just looked through all the photos I can find, and i dunno where these
particular ones are.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/