Mark

I have a Jet 18", the newer model is better.
It's pretty much a no frills saw - a brake would have been nice.
Check out Laguna too.
Mark

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
om...

Stopped in at the local Tool emporium (CB Tool) today to pick up
some sandpaper and spent some time looking at the bandsaws. They
have both the JBS-18($995) and the new JBS-18X ($1250). The -18X has 12"

resaw
capabilities, a beefier (but still Al) trunion and a 2HP motor.
Otherwise, it appears identical to the -18 (same Dust Collection,
same lower blade guide etc).

Has anyone experience with the Jet 18" and the Delta 18" such that
they can compare them?

CB also had a Meber 20" ($2290) that looked pretty nice, along
with the Invicta 24" ($2495). I've not heard of Meber before, but
it looked like a quality saw, unfortunately out of my price range.

scott