DoN. Nichols

In article ,
R.H. wrote:
Just posted some more photos tonight:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking:

290) Electrical insulator. Supported by a wire around one of the
grooves. It might be an insulator for connecting a long-wire
antenna to the downfeed wire. If I could see a parting line
anywhere, I would suggest that it be a feedthrough insulator for
going though a window or the like.

291) Erasing shield for an old typewriter without correction ability
built in.

292) It looks intended to wedge a sliding window from motion.
Perhaps a sliding rear window in a pickup truck, based on
the size. If it were larger, I would think that it was for a
sliding glass door.

293) For hanging some kind of foodstuffs to cure. if it were smaller
I would suggest that it was an early and nasty version of
barbed wire. It looks as though the spikes are cut free from
the shank and bent out.

294) A stepped wrench for unscrewing something -- perhaps some kind
of valve seats? Rather ugly casting, in any case, with no
apparent effort to clean off any flash.

295) I wish I remembered the name of this. It is intended to join
two pieces of wood edge to edge or end to end. The near edge is
driven in, with the stress along the width in use.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564