NokNokMan

I have only about three weeks work left on W.R.Smith's Skeleton Wall Clock.
Been working on it for almost 18 months. Pix to follow if I can figure out
the dropbox.
BTW, I'm still have to make the hands. Smith has you cut them out of 1/32"
mild steel with a jeweler's saw, file them convex on the top, polish them
and then heat blue. I can't find 1/32" mild steel so I'm going to shave off
a few tenths from a piece of tool steel I have. I test blued some; it looks
fantastic.
Nok
"Charles A. Sherwood" wrote in message
In article ,
David Anderson wrote:
How did 18th century watch and clockmakers produce very fine steel hands?

Do a web search on clocks and william smith.
Mr smith is well know in this field and sells numorous books on clock
making that are very well done. He is quite old now, so I recommend
buying them while they are still available.

chuck