JR North

Back (way back) in high school, my welding teach could make perfect
1/2"X 3/4" slots in 1/2" plate with a cutting torch. Truly amazing; he
would just casually place the tip in position and zip-zip-zip-zip, there
it was. Very square corners and right-angle walls.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Dan Miller wrote:
I need to make a slot with square ends in a steel bar (0.25" wide and
about 0.5" long). I'm thinking of using a 2 flute end mill and then
sqaring up the corners with a file but wonder if there is a more precise
way do do this with a broach or something? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dan Miller
Seattle WA.

Dependence is Vulnerability: